Sunday 4 April 2010

Main Task Evaluation

1. What way does your media product use, develop or challenge codes & conventions of real media products?


























2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My media magazine represents a particular social group of Casuals. My product is for those that enjoy Casual Music and the life that brings. For my front cover I used a teenage boy dressed as a casual and who depicts the Casual Music scene. Also I used the colours red & blue to represent patriotism as Casuals are very patriotic as out the bands on the scene. This means the front cover would attract the attention of my target audience a lot more easily rather than anyone else who wouldn’t buy the magazine. You would understand exactly what the magazine is about just by looking at the image and colour.




3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?







I would approach IPC Media to distribute my magazine because it offers a different genre of music magazine to those that they already produce. They produce NME magazine which is similar to mine but is a different genre. I believe IPC would be a good institution for my magazine as they do not produce a Casual music magazine that is published fortnightly. I would be widening IPC Media’s range of magazines, I think this would be a good idea as it would produce more profits for the company.
















As you cans see from above my front cover fits in quite well with those that IPC already produce.


4. Who would be the audience for your media product?

The target audience for my magazine is for teenagers-early twenties between ages 16-23. They would mainly be males who like the casual music and lifestyle, the majority of my audience would enjoy fashion and football but the main love would be music. Below is a typical member of my target audience who enjoys Casual Music.



Profile:
Typical member of my target audience.
Mark Williams
16
A-level student on the Wirral studying at Mosslands School.
Favourite Music:
• Casual Music
• Hobbies: Listens to new music
• Goes to gigs
• Enjoys following a football team around the country.
• Shopping for casual clothes.









5. How did you attract/address your audience?

I attracted my target audience in a couple of different ways by using colours and a manipulated image. I also used a blue coloured backgroud for my magazine front cover. I used Blue, Red & white as this would attract the majority of casuals and would also appeal to girls who enjoy the casual music scene. I included bands/artists that would appeal to my target audience who are big in the scene at the moment and up & coming bands in the scene. Bands such as Arctic Monkeys, The Enemy, Twisted Wheel. Also I found out what my target audience would like by using questionnaires and asking questions related to my genre of music that is Casual.


Below is a member of my target audience reviewing the first draft.
Below is a member of my target Audience evaluating my front cover.


Below is a video of a member of my target audience evaluating my contents page.




Below is a video of my article draft 2 being evaluated by a member of my target audience.





6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Whilst constructing this product I have learnt numerous skills using a range of different technologies.
I have picked up key skills in areas such as editing, manipulating and design in photoshop and quark xpress. Also I have learnt about the different angles and types of photos to take and which suite my idea better than others. As you can see from the print screen of me working in photoshop I have picked up the basics rather easily and have learnt how to add effects to backgrounds, texts and images but have learnt that you should not add too many as it doesn’t look as effective as only adding a few effects.



















7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

My preliminary task was extrememly basic this was down to the fact I had limited skills and knowledge of the programmes such as Photoshop and Quark Xpress as I had not used so it was a steep learning curve for me. I enjoyed learning new skills although I dont think my preliminary front cover is as good as it could of been I am happy in the way I have progressed.

















No comments:

Post a Comment